Have you ever found something and wondered how you lived your entire life without it? I feel this way about cast iron pizza! It is high on my list of things that are too easy to taste soooo good.
Now you can make this as difficult or as easy as you would like. You can make your own dough or buy store bought. You can make your own sauce or use store bought. Either way this thing is coming out delicious. It’s pizza so you already know that there is no right ow wrong way to make it.
Cast Iron Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- Pizza Sauce
- Desired Toppings
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic Butter – 2tbs butter melted mixed with 1tsp garlic
- First you want to pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. After it’s preheated you want to also warm you cast iron by putting it in the oven for about 3-4min.
- Heat your pizza sauce on the stove. Everything works out better and cooks evenly when it’s heated. Prep your toppings if you need to.
- Once your cast iron is heated carefully pull it from the oven and set it on a heat safe surface.
- Lay your pizza dough inside the cast iron. There is no right way to do this. It will bake just fine no matter how you throw it in there.
- Add your sauce in an even layer.
- I like to add a light layer of cheese and then my toppings.
- After that add your cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until your edges are crispy and brown.
- Once you pull it out of the oven then you can spread some garlic butter on the crust and take it to a magical level of deliciousness!
So that’s it! If you go the easy route with store bought items it takes less than 30 minutes to have dinner on the table! Also if you have multiple cast irons everyone can just make their own.
Let me know how this recipe works out for you!