I’m not sure why I am most at peace when everything is in it’s place or even has a place. I am a mom of 2 under 2 so things are hardly evvveeerrrrrrr in their place. I wake up to blocks in the bed or sippy cups in the bathtub. Once I even put the baby wipes in the refrigerator because I was so distracted. So although I LOVE seeing things organized, I rarely have any time to do them or the lifestyle to maintain them.
If you follow me on Instagram or we are friends on Facebook then you know that the last few days have been kind of chaotic. The short story is that I made a BBQ sauce for Juneteenth, sent it out to a few friends and family, they loved it and it started selling. I’ll save the long story for another post.
In a matter of hours I was thrust into a full business with over 100 orders to fill. I am so thankful for everyone’s support but these last few days have been a blur. The disorganization of all the things was taking over my life and specifically my kitchen. I know that I work best in a easy functioning environment.
My pantry was becoming a catch all for EVERYTHING! Literally just stuffing all the things in there at the end of the night and just praying that it would work itself out in the morning.
I know that’s not how this really works but I had hope.
I know it’s not the worst but when you have an already hectic workspace it just makes 10x worse.
I promptly ordered these 3 items and got to work. Surprisingly it wasn’t as difficult as I expected.
- Throw away all expired, near empty, or no longer wanted items
- Pull all items out of the pantry.
- Clean the shelves.
- Fill your containers with your dry goods you want to visibly see.
- Take individually wrapped items out of their boxes
- Organize in a way that fits your style. I put all my grains together, baking items together, cans together, snacks together and miscellaneous together.
- Sit back and admire your work
- Dare anybody to mess it up!
It made a ton of space for all my sauce making materials and I just really feel accomplished. Now that I am organized I gotta get back to cooking!