I’m not here to judge anybody and their Ramen noodles…
Ok, that’s a lie.
I am judging you and ramen noodles. I hate ramen noodles. I just don’t feel like a meal that goes in your body should only be $.10. Even in college I just couldn’t bring myself to eat Ramen Noodles, I preferred easy mac or filling out credit card applications for a free meal. I hope I wasn’t the only person getting taken advantage of out of hunger.
My daughter LOVES ramen noodles! I’m not even sure how this happened because I never buy them but nevertheless, here we are. We try to come to a compromise to make them better than with just the foil packet of seasoning that is included.
I learned that this such a great alternative to making them the way that you are used to. It’s so much healthier, far less MSG and Sodium.
So this is how we make upgraded Ramen..
- Get Rid of the foil packet!
- Add your own broth, chicken or vegetable.
- Throw in some of your favorite veggies, this bowl has spinach and mushrooms.
- Sauce it up! Get you some Soy Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce, Sriracha or Teriyaki Sauce and add it.
It’s a great recipe to use up any kitchen leftovers. If you have a few pieces of chicken, beef or shrimp you can just toss it in there.
Here are the steps.
- Saute your veggies in in olive oil, get them good and translucent.
- Add some garlic, of course!
- Add a cup of broth
- Add your ramen noodles
- Mix it all up
- Throw in your cooked protein
- Add the sauce of your choice, this recipe had sweet chili aioli.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.