If you’ve been following the meal plan for awhile then you know that I used to make Saturday Morning breakfast a thing. Like a whole THING!
Then my husband started letting me sleep in on the weekends and the teenager took an interest in cooking so my weekends have actually been restful.
I got up on this particular morning and had pancakes in my heart. Not just any regular old pancakes but peach cobbler pancakes. I don’t have to have fruit with my breakfast but this morning I was just in the mood to treat myself.
What I have learned is that you can’t wait for somebody, anybody to treat you. You just gotta…
Buy yourself flowers or a nice gift, treat yourself well and others will fall in line.
So on this morning I woke up ready to treat myself well and I did just that with these Peach Cobbler Pancakes.
Peach Cobbler Pancakes
- Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- 1.5c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4c sugar
- 2tbsp Vanilla Extract
- I can of peaches
- 1c Brown Sugar
- Chopped Pecan (optional)
- Make your pancakes according to the package directions and you can keep them warm in a very low oven. Most ovens have a ‘warm’ feature.
- To make your peach topping simply combing the peaches, brown sugar and 1tbsp of vanilla, 1tsp of cinnamon in a small pot and bring to a boil. Once it boils for about 4-5min. Turn the heat off and let it cool.
- To make your whipped topping mix your heavy whipping cream, 1/4c of white sugar, 1tbsp vanilla extract in a bowl and whip with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Take your peach topping and spoon the peaches over your pancakes, top with whipped cream and then pour the syrup from the peaches on top. Sprinkle chopped pecan on top.
I hope that this makes you feel as fancy as it made me feel!
Leave a Reply