I’m in this space in my life where I can only cook meals that are 30 minutes or less. Work + Pregnancy + Family + Breathing is completely wearing me out.
Let me be honest… Simply breathing is wearing me out. Everything else is just a bonus. Im realizing how important it is to preserve your energy for what’s important to your life goals.
Well maybe we will call it prioritizing. Strategic Prioritizing. I’m redefining how I meet all my goals at this point in my life. Done is better than perfect.
What I I can do for my family is cook. What I can’t do is cook a meal that takes a long time. It’s important to me to cook for my family but they don’t have to have a gourmet meal every night. Somewhere we find ourselves in the balance every day looking for the quickest way to satisfy our hunger.
This is how we found our way to Skillet Lasagna which is even quicker than Lasagna Soup.
Even I was shocked at how quick this all came together. In one pot… in like 20 min.
I used ground chicken and just cooked it through with onions.
Added a can of fire roasted tomato and crushed tomato.
Seasoned it with thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper (plus a little bit of sugar).
Then broke up lasagna noodles and let that all cook together.
You then make a ricotta cheese mixture (ricotta cheese, sour cream, egg, & mozzarella cheese). Spread it on top and sprinkle with extra mozzarella. I also let mine sit under the broiler for a few minutes for some good color.
It was ready sooooo quick and it was so good. I hope you give it a try.
- 1 pound ground Chicken (or beef, italian sausage, turkey)
- 1- 14 ounce cans crushed tomato
- 1 –14 ounce can fire roasted diced tomato
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, thyme, rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound lasagna noodles (broken)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of Mozzarella
- 1 cup of Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- Salt, pepper, garlic to taste
- (add one egg after tasting)
- Add the ground meat to a large skillet and cook over medium heat while stirring. Once it is mostly cooked add the diced onion.
- When the onion is translucent and soft and meat is cooked through add the minced garlic. Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomato and diced tomato to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add seasonings and stir. Break the lasagna noodles over the skillet and add to the sauce. Press the noodles down as much as possible into the sauce. Cover the pan and allow to simmer over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime mix all the ingredients for your cheese mixture.
- Once the noodles are softened spread the cheese mixture on top.
- Let that cook another 5-7 min.
- Sprinkle with additional mozzarella and place under broiler until bubbly… maybe 5 min
- Take out and let cool for 5 min.